Prequalifying restoration contractors that can respond to a major disaster can save you time and money. In fact, it might make the difference between saving your business and personal property; and it being significantly damaged or totally destroyed. Restorers that are prequalified and preselected by you will commit to handling your emergencies on a priority basis.
Limited Local and Regional Resources
On a day-to-day basis, there is no shortage of skilled and capable restorers for most small to medium sized disasters in your immediate area. However, when the event is larger scale or regional (i.e., a large flood, tornado or hurricane), the local resources will become tapped and perhaps unavailable for extended periods of time. Large or major disasters require experience that some smaller restorers might not have. In short, having a restorer that is prequalified and preselected by you is vital to saving your property. During a major disaster, there might not be electricity; communication systems may not work; and resources will be at a premium.
- Every restoration company will be inundated with calls.
- Generators will be in short supply.
- All available accommodations are taken.
- Credit cards don’t work – because they can’t be processed.
- Cash is a requirement – Cash reserves or line of credit equal to 20-25% of the amount of the contract(s) may be needed.
- Temporary Labor force requires cash payment.
- Gas is in short supply.
- Large generators require hundreds of gallons of fuel per day.
- Without prior arrangement – fuel is extremely expensive.
Why Pre-Qualification is Good Planning
- In a confidential format, restorers will meet with you to collect basic information about your business to understand your priorities and concerns.
- There is no upfront cost to you and nothing added in the event that you need their services.
- It protects you in your time of need and helps the restorer in establishing a relationship for the future.
Advantages of Pre-Qualification
- Simplifies the coordination of key players.
- Vendors know what to expect and should be prepared.
- Business recovery takes less time.
- Reduces downtime and revenue loss.
- Increases the likelihood of saving your business property and vital information.
- Reduces the loss of market share.
- Demonstrates care and concern for employees and customers by pre-planning.
- Streamlines the insurance claims process.
For more information on a restoration company for your commercial space, contact RebuildEx.